Thursday, September 2, 2010

The State of The Union: Part 5

1. If you had to spend the rest of your life illustrating one book, what book would it be?
I'd probably pick a classic like The Wizzard of Oz or The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe. I like these types of books because they catered to my imagination when I was younger and they're both filled with fantastic imagery. A lifetime is a really long time to illustrate a book, though. Maybe if I came out with my own graphic novel.

2. If you could apprentice with any two artists in the history of the world, who would they be?
Mary Cassatt and Alphonse Mucha. Cassatt for the compositonal strength, medium usage, and feminine strength. Mucha for his kick-ass aesthetics and understanding of the figure.

3. If you were banned from the art world, but could have any career you wanted that wasn't art related, what would it be?
A deep sea diver! Because it is awesome and it stems from my desire to be a whale trainer when I was a kid.

4. Describe the project you would propose under the following circumstances:
#1 One month and one thousand dollars
I would travel for a week in the U.S. (on my own time and expenses) and then make work based on my experience and publish it with my bookmaking skills... because I'd imagine $1,000 would go faster than I predict.
#2 Six months and ten thousand dollars
I would travel abroad for a week and book my trip ahead of time to save money. I would return and make work based on that experience and host a weekend show at a gallery with the money I had left.
#3 One year and one hundred thousand dollars
I would tour the world!!! And maybe never come back... but obviously I would have to once the money ran out. I would make work while traveling and mail it home so I'd have a hefty collection by the time I returned. I would write up a record of my experiences and impressions and have a pretty massive body of work to show for gallery representation.

No comments:

Post a Comment